JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will be joining the AI Engineering team, a dedicated bunch responsible for crafting and continuously improving our custom-made AI platform and frameworks.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
Your main objective will be to build a unique interface to create, train, compare, deploy and monitor our algorithms. Other key features include building and visualising datasets of remote sensing images, but also text and tabular data.
As the first dedicated Front-End Developer of the team, you will have the freedom (and responsibility!) to choose the best technical solutions to achieve your goals and build a strong and evolutive software with the future in mind.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
You will have the following missions:
- Take the user-facing part of our AI platform to the next level, in collaboration with a UX Designer (we are looking for him/her at the moment). From data visualization to turning our configuration files into beautiful pieces of UI, you will have plenty to experience with.
- Package and integrate our API into web platforms using modern frameworks (React, D3, ... )
- Help us build custom BI dashboards from various metrics collected across our different services.
- Work closely with all teams and business experts to understand the end-users needs.
- Ensure the code quality of our frameworks, by applying good practices and coaching others.
- Come up with new ideas to push the usability and performances of our AI platform forward.
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position
- Rock solid experience with a complete, modern web development stack and framework with mandatory skills in React/Redux
- Experience with cloud infrastructure implementation (AWS, Google)
- Passion for shipping quality code and for automated testing
- Willingness to take on challenges, show resilience and always learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities
- Strong interest and basic skills in UX/UI design & data visualization
- Full stack capability and experiences in NodeJS, Python…
- First experience as lead on end to end software development
- Experience in startups or high reliability companies (cloud-based services, software providers, aerospace, defense…) with direct responsibility to maintain and improve products, infrastructures and processes would be a very strong asset
- Understanding of deep learning and its processes