Team Manager: Back-End Developer Data Stack
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
We are looking for an open-minded individual who strives for excellence and delivering quality outputs.
You will join the Data Stack team and work on its mission: to provide to Preligens products a data ontology and a unique access to multi-source data knowledge base.
You will be the lead on several technical topics.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
You will be part of the Preligens Data Stack team, responsible for the entire extend of Preligens' geolocalized data (Satellite Images, Open Source Data, Database, API, etc.).
This means that you will bring your know-how and work to cutting-edge topics, in close collaboration with the Developers’ and AI team. You will also be in charge of interacting with our sales, business and product experts to understand development needs and their corresponding product features implementations.
As a senior within the Data Stack team, your role will also include management and providing technical expertise to others.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
Your tasks will include :
- Managing 3-5 people team and interact with PM
- Design & architecture our data back-end infrastructure and automated pipelines
- Building powerful and efficient databhub architectures
- Developing and testing new techniques and methods to manage large scale databases
- Proposing new ideas to improve the performance of our current processing
- Participating in projects involving several people, up to customer delivery. Side by side with the Development and Machine Learning teams
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- Initial training as a developer (Master's or PHD)
- At least 6 years experience as a developer
- Strong skills in Python, databases (SQL, NoSQL) and data-engineering
- Experience with crafting and maintaining Rest APIs and CLIsVery good experience in docker and production tool : CI/CD, Git
- Management of complex architecture and processes (task orchestration)
- Excellent organisational skills, autonomy and proactive approach
- Interest in Management
- Use of AWS, GCloud or Azure
- Knowledge of Python libraries
- Skills in web application development
- Competences in Elasticsearch
- Experience with Big Data tools