Lead Deep Learning Scientist - Rennes
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will join the AI Engineering team of the Rennes center that works on Preligens imagery product, as a Lead Deep Learning scientist.
The team’s main mission is to provide and guarantee operational object detection and classification performances for the product.
To that end, you will lead one or several projects that aim to develop or improve a specific algorithm.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
Preligens is growing and opening a center in Rennes to develop innovative AI algorithms and provide cutting edge solutions to our clients. In this context we are recruiting a brilliant professional to lead a squad of 2 or 3 Deep Learning scientists and develop Machine Learning based algorithms.
● Leading the technical part of an algorithm development in a squad of 2 or 3 data scientists: technical choices, technical meeting animation, technical roadmap, coaching of the junior data scientists in the squad.
● Working closely with the product manager so that technical choices and roadmap are aligned with the product goals and client needs
● You will report to the director of AI Engineering of the Rennes center
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
● Developing, training and testing Deep Learning algorithms using our internal AI framework.
● Trying to adapt the latest innovations developed by our AI Research team into production, and testing new state-of-the-art methods from scratch based on recent articles
● Coming up with new creative and innovative ideas to push forward the performance of our algorithms
● Contributing to our AI framework, maintained by our AI Engineering team
● Participating in the scaling and recruitment process of the AI production team
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
● 3-5 years of experience in data science (most of it in Deep Learning)
● Education in the field of data science / Deep Learning / computer vision (Master’s degree, or PHD)
● Very good understanding of DL techniques, especially CNNs for Segmentation and Object Detection
● Good Python programming skills, including clean code best practices (code modularity, unit testing, documentation …)
● Proven experience in delivery as technical leader in complex projects using agile development methods
● Excellent organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities
● Rigorous, creative and meticulous mind
● Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
● Strong knowledge in Computer Vision
● Proficiency with Docker and TensorFlow/Keras
● Experience working in a startup environment
● Experience in packaging and delivering models into production