Junior Deep Learning Scientist - Rennes
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will join the AI Engineering team of the Rennes center that works on Preligens imagery product, as a junior Deep Learning scientist.
The team’s main mission is to provide and guarantee operational object detection and classification performances for the product.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
Preligens is growing and opening a center in Rennes to develop innovative AI algorithms and provide cutting edge solutions to our sovereign clients. In this context we are recruiting a brilliant Junior Deep Learning Scientist to develop Machine Learning based algorithms.
You will contribute to one or several projects that aim to develop or improve a specific algorithm. You will work in a squad of 3 Deep Learning Scientists and will be coached directly by the squad leader (senior Deep Learning Scientist) on a day-to-day basis.
You will report to the director of AI Engineering of the Rennes center.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
● Applying the latest innovations of our AI Research team to the use case (especially in the fields of segmentation, object detection, ensembling, and active/continuous learning) to push forward the performance of our algorithms.
● Developing, training and testing the Deep Learning algorithms using our AI framework.
● Coming up with new ideas to push forward the performance of our algorithms.
● Contributing to the specifications and the development of our AI framework to enhance productivity.
● Understanding the needs and expectations for the detectors to improve (what environment it has to be performant on, what functioning point is needed, etc.) in order to help planning new developments and define the testing sets to monitor them.
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
We are looking for an open-minded individual with impressive skills, a proven track record. The skills listed below are key to be up to this challenge.
● Education in the field of data science / deep learning (Master degree, or PHD)
● At least 6 months of experience in Deep Learning (internships, online courses, personal side projects, etc.)
● Very good understanding of Deep Learning techniques, especially CNNs for Segmentation and Object Detection
● Good skills in Python
● Rigorous, creative and meticulous mind
● Good organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities.
● Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
● Strong knowledge in Computer Vision
● Proficiency with docker
● Experience working with remote sensing images
● Experience working in a startup environment
● Skills in SQL, elasticsearch and JS