Full-Stack Software Engineer - Rennes
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
Preligens is growing and opening a new center in Rennes to focus on developing innovative object detection & classification AI algorithms and cutting edge solutions for our sovereign clients on our imagery product.
In this context, we are recruiting a brilliant Full-stack Software Engineer to join the AI Engineering team and help them with their core mission: provide and guarantee operational object detection and classification performances for the product.
To that end, your objective will be to craft and continuously improve bespoke tools and frameworks to support and increase the productivity of the Data Science team and the annotation process.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
You will develop tools for data annotation, data storage and exploration, AI algorithm testing, AI algorithm result visualization, productivity metrics, and other capabilities.
You will report to the Head of AI Engineering of the Rennes center.
You will work closely with :
● The Head of AI Engineering
● The Software development team
● The Product Management
● The end-users (including the Data Science team) of the tools you develop to better understand their needs and help them to push forward the algorithm performances
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
● Design and development of front / back-end (Node.js, React, Python)
● Developing tools to increase the data annotation productivity
● Developing performance visualization & analysis tools for the Data Scientists
● Contributing to the specifications of our tools to improve productivity.
● Ensuring the code quality of our tools, by applying good practices and by coaching others
● Interact closely with the end-users to better understand their needs
● Coming up with new ideas to push forward the performances
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
We are looking for an open-minded individual with impressive skills, a proven track record. The skills listed below are key to be up to this challenge.
● Education in the field of software development
● At least 2 years of experience in software development
● Strong skills in modern front-end development (React ideally)
● Experience with a data visualization framework (e.g. D3.js, …)
● Impeccable coding skills in JS
● Skills in Node.js, Docker
● Some experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL)
● Rigorous, creative and meticulous mind
● Very good organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities.
● Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and like to always learn new skills
● Python skills
● Advanced skills with database (SQL, NoSQL)
● Extensive experience in data visualization and D3.js
● Experience with cartography librairies
● Experience with AI technologies
● Experience in startups or high reliability companies with direct responsibility to maintain and improve products, infrastructures and processes would be a very strong asset