Director of Public Affairs
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens (ex-Earthcube) is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Director of Public Affairs to join the marketing and communication team.
Reporting directly to the VP Marketing & Public Affairs, you will play a key role in the team by leading all institutional relationships, conceiving and deploying an influence strategy in order to help Preligens reach its business targets and a strong level of awareness. Your primary focus will be Europe but we expect our Director of Public Affairs to rapidly pave the way of our public affair strategy in Asia and the United States.
You will also define our communication strategy linked to Defence matters, producing your own content or working closely with internal stakeholders to create them.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
- Global coordination of all actions related to regulatory reforms, communication on Defence topics and Political Influence
- Identify all relevant stakeholders in our industry and develop an efficient influence strategy to position Preligens as a company worth following and supporting within the defence sector
- Understand and follow regulatory aspects, identify significant public policy issues that can be leveraged to support Preligens’ business priorities. Create and implement plans to exploit them
- Support our export strategy via relevant influence networks
- Develop soft power tactics by building strong collaborations with relevant influence circles, Think Tank and institutions
- Set up recommendations on the most efficient tactics to start developing such an influence strategy in our key markets abroad. Work on the messages, stakeholders, potential partners to raise the awareness of Preligens within the political and institutional circles
- Define the editorial strategy on all topics related to the Defence industry : objectives, calendar, content to produce
- Produce your own content and work closely with internal relevant stakeholders to produce accurate content (tribune, white paper, articles, posts)
- Build strong relationships with specialized media (journalists, bloggers, etc…) and start mapping all influent anglo saxon media
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- Min 10 years of proven track record covering public affairs topics, ideally in the Defence sector or working as Chef de Cabinet of a French minister
- Very good understanding and appeal for defence related topics, sovereignty challenges
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English
- Creative, autonomous, and strong entrepreneurship mindset
- At ease in a fast pace, very innovative environment
- Strong interest for technical topics and artificial intelligence