Back-End Developer - Data Stack
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will be joining the Software - Data Stack team, a dedicated bunch responsible for crafting and continuously improving our custom-made Data Stack platform and frameworks. Key features include building and scraping datasets on vector and raster databases, training, evaluating and optimizing fully configurable API over time, and much more.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible for the ongoing design and development of our infrastructure and data pipelines using Python, PostgreSQL and other sweet technologies. We will expect you to be particularly attentive to the efficiency and reliability of our solutions, but also their flexibility and integration with work produced by other teams. You will have to integrate into the existing architecture and propose new technical solutions. You will work with the software teams on optimizing and automating the scraping of vector and text data, aggregating external data, overwriting database and optimizing data delivery (API Rest, etc.).
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
- Develop & maintain our back-end infrastructure and automated pipelines.
- Come up with new ideas to push the performances of our GIS platform forward.
- Keep improving and adding features to our custom CLI and Rest API (built in Python).
- Work closely with IA teams, Software teams and business experts to understand the end-users' needs.
- Ensure the code quality of our frameworks, by applying good practices and coaching others.
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong skills in Python, Docker, databases (SQL, NoSQL) and data-engineering
- Strong skills in cloud infrastructure and container orchestration systems
- Ability for designing highly-efficient and elegant solutions (algorithms, processing pipelines, ... )
- Experience with crafting and maintaining Rest APIs and CLIs
- Strong understanding of web technologies and web softwares in general
- Passion for shipping quality code and for automated testing
- Excellent organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack (ELK)
- Experience with event driven data ‘(pipelines)
- Skills or interest for geospatial data processing