JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will be joining the Software - Data Stack team, a dedicated bunch responsible for crafting and continuously improving our custom-made GIS platform and frameworks. Key features include building and scraping datasets on vector and raster databases, training, evaluating and optimizing fully configurable API over time, and much more.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
We are looking for an open-minded individual who strives for excellence and delivering quality outputs. As a Data engineer, you will be responsible for the ongoing data architecture development using PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Python and other sweet technologies. We will expect you to be particularly attentive to the efficiency and reliability of our solutions, but also their flexibility and integration with work produced by other teams.
You will join the Data stack team to improve the database architecture, itself composed of: scraping geographic databases, satellite images and metadata, structure and architecture of the data transformation process,data access and visualization.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
Your tasks will include :
- Implementing scripts to automate database processing processes
- Developing and testing new techniques and methods to efficiently manage databases
- Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases
- Proposing new ideas to improve the performance of current treatments in database
- Working closely with the Software team, Architecture team and ML team
- Collaborating with Data Analysts to drive efficiencies for their work
- Responding to feasibility studies, and accompanying projects up to customer delivery
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Senior skills with database architecture and expertise in data storage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert proficiency in Python, Java, SQL, NoSQL, Postgre
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana stack (ELK)
- Confirmed level with AWS, GCloud or Azure
- Excellent organizational skills, autonomy, and reporting capabilities.
- Experience with Rest APIs and CLIs
- Experience with docker
- Experience with data geospatial