Preligens is looking for a highly motivated FP&A Analyst who will have the rare opportunity to participate in the building of the FP&A department. You will report directly to our Finance Director.
This position is based in Paris, France.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Building various financial reports (through excel or using our new business planning tool, Pigment)
- Participating in the analyses and actions plans to the main stakeholders of the company
- Contributing to Budget, Re-forecast and Business Plan processes
- Being involved in strategic equity transactions (e.g. fundraising)
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to all stakeholders (board, ExCom):
Deliver KPIs reports and insightful analyses for the decision makers, identify significant gaps vs. budget, suggest action plans, etc.
Continuously improve reports
Sync with ExCom members (in charge of marketing, software, HR, artificial intelligence, etc.) to ensure the way you report is relevant for their department, help them absorb a financial culture and provide them with an access to the data they need
- Budget and reforecast processes:
Build budgets (annual and reforecasts) liaising with all ExCom members across the company (challenging them, being able to have the big picture of the company trajectory)
Sync with the rest of the accounting/finance team to ensure the planning structure is aligned with your needs
Continuously update the structure of the models to ensure they are still relevant to our organization (new team, new business, etc.)
- Business Plan: builder and owner of the model
- Run punctual analyses to improve our forecast assumptions or help specific departments better understand their underlying drivers: you will have the freedom to explore new areas!
- You will have the opportunity to build all your analyses, reportings, etc. using Pigment: if you like building in excel, you will love learning and playing with Pigment, the future of business planning
- Participate in strategic equity transactions
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS
Master Degree (Business or Engineering school or faculty)
4/5+ years of experience in transaction services and/or in a data-oriented function in Finance, Data or Operations team
Modelization skills (building business plans, budgets, etc. or at least reviewing them)
Enjoy working as a team-player and willing to train others, share and learn more everyday
Accuracy and rigor-oriented: you are pugnacious and do not let go when facing difficulties
Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics, reliability and humility
Pragmatic approach to problem: you can design intermediate solutions in an agile environment
Challenges the status quo, takes initiative and generates breakthrough ideas: ability to defend your ideas and not being afraid of challenging the Finance Director
Excellent communication skills: you are at ease sharing your difficulties, interacting with various people in an organization, you are able to explain your models clearly to decision makers
Fluent in both written and spoken French and English
Previous successful experience working in a fast growing startup/scale-up environment
Knowledge of Pigment or any other business planning tool (Workday, Anaplan, etc.)