Back-End Developer (Python)
JOB TARGET / RAISON D'ÊTRE
Preligens has developed efficient monitoring tools based on an automated analysis of geospatial information and multiple other sources. By combining state-of-the-art AI techniques in both Computer Vision and Deep Learning, Preligens provides its customers with more reliable and more precise information, thus enabling faster interventions for a safer environment.
Our fast growth (x5/year) is fueled by international development (UK, Germany, US) and development of new product lines.
You will be joining the S-Cube team, a dedicated bunch responsible for crafting and continuously improving our S-Cube product, a big data analytics platform combining imagery, structured data as well as unstructured text. Key aspects of the job include improving and increasing the reliability of the processing pipeline of all S-cube’s data streams, strong collaboration with the AI team and much more !
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY / PÉRIMÈTRE DE RESPONSABILITÉS
As a Back-End Developer, you will be responsible for the ongoing design and development of our product, as well as maintaining back-end processing using Python, NoSQL and other sweet technologies. A high level of autonomy will be granted to you and we expect from you a high level of collaboration with the whole S-Cube team and especially with the IA team.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / ACTIVITÉS PRINCIPALES
- Design, develop and maintain our back-end infrastructure (Python, NoSQL, Docker)
- Collaborate with the team on specifications & QA
- Collaborate with rest of the S-Cube team and other product teams on technical best practices
- Work closely with all teams and business experts to understand the end-users' needs
- Ensure code quality, by applying and enhancing our best practices
INFLUENCE ON RESULTS / DIMENSIONS CARACTÉRISTIQUES
- At least 2 years of experience
- Strong skills in Python, Docker, database
- Skills in cloud infrastructure, container orchestration and task orchestration
- Excellent organizational skills and autonomy
- A passion for shipping quality code within deadlines and for automated testing
- Willingness to take on challenges, show resiliency and always learn new skills
- Skills or interest for mapping/geo products such as GDAL, Mapbox, ArcGIS
- Experience with big data platforms (ElasticSearch, Hadoop, ...)
- Experience with AI technologies
- Experience in startups or high reliability companies with direct responsibility to maintain and improve products, infrastructures and processes would be a very strong asset